The Chamber joins forces with key partners to remind residents of Halton Hills the benefits of supporting local.
Shopping Local Helps Everyone!
Halton Hills Chamber of Commerce launches #ShopTheHills Campaign
For Immediate Release | 01 October 2021
Halton Hills ON: The Halton Hills Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit organization committed to helping local business thrive. We know that the past 18 months have been incredibly challenging for many. As the Voice of Business in Halton Hills, we continue to advocate for business needs, provide resources, and encourage consumers to shop local. We are thrilled to announce the launch of our new Shop Local program, #ShopTheHills, thanks to funding from the Government of Canada, distributed through the Ontario Chamber of Commerce.
The #ShopTheHills program builds upon the “Eat, Play and Shop Local” philosophy and promotes local businesses in all sectors and communities across Halton Hills. The campaign runs from now until the end of December 2021. Over the coming months, there will be advertising on local radio stations, print media outlets, and social media, as well as mobile signage throughout the community to encourage consumers to think local first. Many local businesses will be featured in several videos and upcoming social media stories developed with the help of CA14 Marketing + Communications.
This new and expanded #ShopTheHills ‘Support Local’ campaign is in partnership with the Town of Halton Hills, Downtown Georgetown Business Improvement Area (BIA), the Downtown Acton Business Improvement Area (BIA) and the Independent Free Press.
The new #ShopTheHills campaign is designed to help raise awareness about the importance of supporting local and increase spending at local businesses. This includes:
- ‘Explore The Hills’ Contest – a weekly scavenger hunt throughout the Town to find gift certificates placed in unique locations;
- Print and Digital Ad Campaign – showcasing local businesses, in partnership with The Independent Free Press.
- Reusable ‘Shop Local’ tote bags and window decals – to raise awareness about the importance of shopping local;
- Al Fresco in the Hills Patio Program – to continue to promote establishments with patios throughout Halton Hills; and
- Social Media Campaign – to engage business-owners and residents about their favourite local businesses and to spotlight them.
Watch for additional details as various #ShopTheHills initiatives are launched over the coming weeks.
Visit www.haltonhillschamber.on.ca/shopthehills to learn more about the campaign as it rolls out.
The Halton Hills Chamber of Commerce has been the business advocate of choice since 1912 representing over 440 local businesses who together employ over 12,000 people.
MEDIA CONTACT: MELANIE FRAZER, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR