The Ontario government announced that the province will move into Step One of its Roadmap to Reopen at 12:01 a.m. on Friday, June 11, 2021.
Step One of the Roadmap to Reopen includes but is not limited to:
· Non-essential retail permitted at 15 per cent capacity, with no restrictions on the goods that can be sold
· Essential and other select retail permitted at 25 per cent capacity, with no restrictions on the goods that can be sold
· Outdoor dining with up to four people per table, with exceptions for larger households
· Outdoor fitness classes, outdoor groups in personal training and outdoor individual/team sport training to be permitted with up to 10 people, among other restrictions
· Outdoor social gatherings and organized public events with up to 10 people
· Outdoor religious services, rites, or ceremonies, including wedding services and funeral services, capped at the number of people that can maintain a physical distance of two metres
· Indoor religious services, rites, or ceremonies, including wedding services and funeral services permitted at up to 15 per cent capacity of the particular room
· Day camps for children permitted to operate in a manner consistent with the safety guidelines for COVID-19 produced by the Office of the Chief Medical Officer of Health
· Overnight camping at campgrounds and campsites, including Ontario Parks, and short-term rentals
· Concert venues, theatres and cinemas may open outdoors for the purpose of rehearsing or performing a recorded or broadcasted concert, artistic event, theatrical performance or other performance with no more than 10 performers, among other restrictions
· Outdoor horse racing tracks and motor speedways permitted to operate without spectators
· Outdoor attractions such as zoos, landmarks, historic sites, botanical gardens with capacity and other restrictions.
The province will remain in Step One for at least 21 days to evaluate any impacts on key public health and health system indicators.
All public health and workplace safety measures currently in place will remain in effect until the province moves to Step One on June 11, 2021 at 12:01 a.m.